Friday, March 11, 2011

visitors arrive

jj’s friend from her school in boston, m, and her mom, kerry, arrived in paris today. they were visiting friends in switzerland and popped up for the weekend. they are staying with us – m with jj in her room and kerry on the sleeper couch. fun – sort of like college days. it’s great to see them. they were due in around lunchtime, and i realized that they might not know how to use the digital entry. i was going to go down and wait for them. jj was home for lunch. i stuck my head out the window to see if i could see them, and jj stuck her head out the other window. i was about to grab my keys to go down when i heard someone yelling “JJ!!”. and there they were, across the street at the cafe looking up, kerry with her phone to her ear – just about to call us. i ran down to let them in. what luck to have been looking out just at that moment. they came in to drop their bags and went off exploring. jj went back to school and i scrambled to get my resume together and find my reel. the assistant to the producer called me back, late in the afternoon and asked me to send in my resume. my task for the weekend. later we all went out to the cafe on the corner of the park to have dinner.
afterwards, we walked by the restaurant with my paintings to look in the window, but the chef waved to us to come in. so we went in and did a tour to look at the paintings. i was pleased.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment