Thursday, January 6, 2011

made myself do an “art date” today. one of the books i have to help me in art, recommends scheduling an art date for yourself. i went to visit a cool area of town around the rue vielle de temple, which has galleries and designy shops. i went to a specific gallery which was recommended to me by the art critic i had met (at a parent pot luck). it was hidden away behind a big parisian door with a very subtle sign for the gallery. they were showing , robert irwin, an american artist who has been around for many decades. this show was “high art”. it had about 8 pieces, all of which were a series of vertical neon lights of different colors. i didn’t even bother to look at their prices. nice work if you can get it. i think i will be doing medium low art for my life. which is ok. anyway, i did pop into another few galleries, one of which had an asian theme. pretty interesting, i thought. there was one particular artist who took ancient asian calligraphy and made beautiful abstract watercolors from it. the range of prices were between 400-600 euros. actually a reasonable price...  (doesn't make me mad or shock me)
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment